Thompson Electrical Solutions is committed to raising the bar in the solar industry
Thompson Electrical Solutions has committed to providing a high level of customer service and a minimum five-year whole of system and installation warranty on all solar systems after signing on to the Clean Energy Council Solar Retailer Code of Conduct.
The code of conduct, which is currently the only solar industry code of conduct authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is designed to give consumers peace of mind when making the decision to invest in a solar system by helping them select a quality retailer.
Thompson Electrical Solutions in an accredited Retailer with the “Clean Energy Council” and “ Solar Victoria”.
Customers should look for the Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer logo to choose a business that has signed on to the code.
A full list of Approved Solar Retailers can be found at approvedsolarretailer.com.au.
Customers can expect that a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer will:
- ensure that sales representatives act ethically at all times
- not engage in any dishonest or misleading advertising or sales tactics
- educate consumers about their purchase by supplying essential information about the system in writing before entering into a contract. This includes site-specific full system design and an average daily performance estimate for each month of solar generation
- uphold consumers’ legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds. They will give customers the chance to cancel a contract and obtain a full refund if any changes are made that are not approved in writing (including variations to system design)
- provide a minimum five year warranty covering the operation and performance of the entire solar system
- fully inform customers about the processes involved between system installation and network connection, or facilitate this process on their behalf
- provide consumers will all required documentation after the system is installed
- adhere to all existing legislation and regulations
- be fully accountable for the actions of any subcontracted parties, including Clean Energy Council-accredited installers/designers
- have a fair and transparent complaints process, and respond to customers within 21 days of them making a complaint
Alex Thompson director of Thompson Electrical Solutions is a licenced Grid-Connect Designer and installer.
Test and Tagging
Lighting plans and upgrades
Security Systems and Lighting
Faults and Emergency
Emergency and Exit lighting plans and maintenance
Office lighting / Power maintenance
New Build /Renovation